Dedicated to a socially vibrant and economically healthy southern Berkshire community, Construct, Inc.’s mission is to provide housing services, shelter and affordable housing to persons of very low to moderate income. Construct, Inc. was founded in 1969 by a group of interfaith clergy, laypersons and concerned citizens living in the south Berkshire area in response to President Johnson’s “War on Poverty” and in the aftermath of the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. In its early years, Construct created or rehabilitated 6 homes for low income first time homebuyers. Over the years, the organization has continued to respond to the changing housing and economic needs of the most vulnerable residents working and residing in the 15 towns that comprise the service area.
Affordable Housing Development
- Sponsored: Bostwick Gardens, a senior housing project; Christian Hill Commons, a family housing project.
- Own and Manage: Pleasant Street (2, 3-BR family units); East Street (9, 1-BR units); Prospect Street (4, 2BR subsidized units); Pine Woods (30 mixed income units for families and individuals); Jordan House (5-BR congregate house for sober living), Jordan Carriage House (1, 2-BR family unit).; 314-316 State Rd (5-BR house for congregate sober living, plus apartment).
- Manage: Hillside Apartments (10 mixed income units), owned by the Community Development Corporation of South Berkshire.
- Developed a 10 BR transitional residence for homeless youth, men and women.
- Developed a 3-unit supportive housing project for chronic homeless.
- 45% of our housing units are set aside for homeless.
- Forest Springs: New affordable housing community in pre-development stages: 11 units of 1, 2 and 3BR units located at 316 State Rd. in Great Barrington. Planned to be a Net Zero project.
For questions about rental assistance loans and housing pre-applications, please contact Courtney Kimball by email at email@example.com or call 413-429-4143.