Afterhours Support Staff
Mission: To change and save lives through housing options and a continuum of related services.
Vision: A socially vibrant and economically healthy community with housing for everyone, including the most vulnerable residents and our vital workforces.
- Safe, hospitable, sober environment while working for affordable housing for everyone;
- No wrong door, low barrier access to services and referrals;
- Trauma-Informed approach to participants, colleagues and volunteers rooted in equitable, relationship building, participatory decision making, power sharing and self-care;
- Casual, yet professional environment;
- Co-investment –equal efforts exerted by clients, staff and volunteers to achieve shared purpose;
- Self-Determination –equitable voice given to processes designed to ensure affordable housing for everyone though decision making roles will vary.
Job Description: Provide on call support afterhours to respond to community and transitional housing needs with basic information, referrals and support. Provide after hours activities for transitional houses during residential hours to maintain a safe, clean, sober and hospitable space for all residents as well as to assist with access to housing, increase economic stability and address underlying barriers to success. On Call shifts are 4-11 weekdays, 7-3 & 3-11 on weekends and overnight from 11-7. On call shifts are paid a flat rate for being available with an hourly rate for onsite call outs and activities. On call rate is $25 flat rate with $11-15 hourly rate for onsite expectations. All staff are eligible for employer matched 401K, 1 week medical leave and time +1/2 for 5 Construct holidays
Tasks & Qualifications:
- Must have reliable access to phone and email
- Must be able to arrive on site in a timely fashion if needed to meet first responders
- Awareness of area resources and ability to lead activities to support access to housing, increase economic stability and remove underlying barriers a plus
- Manage afterhours requests for support and emergency maintenance calls
- Respectfully ensure that house guidelines and federal regulations are followed
- Light housekeeping, snow clearing and turning over rooms promptly when vacated
- Report emergencies, presence of law enforcement or any other out of the ordinary occurences to Head Case Manager and/or Director
- Attend monthly staff meetings and occasional training’s
To apply: Email cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.