What Construct Does
Staff and volunteers at Construct provide comprehensive housing, support and educational services to homeless and lower-income people in the Southern Berkshire region.
Anyone who has lost his or her home or who lacks financial resources to maintain safe, decent and affordable housing is immediately eligible for our assistance.
Construct Comprehensive Services
- Transitional Shelter and Affordable Housing
- Staff and volunteers work with families and single men and women of any age to create caring, nonjudgmental environments that will enable successful transitions into permanent affordable housing
- Residents receive counseling about housing concerns, tenants rights and responsibilities, home ownership, access to subsidized housing, the basics of a lease and creating a personal budget.
- We also provide modest one-time grants to help prevent eviction, restore utilities or relieve similar household emergencies.
- Life Skills and Adult Education
Creating new employment opportunities or improving tenant history can break the cycle of homelessness and boost a family’s success in their next home. Construct offers a range of programs that provide new skills and education.
We offer workshops on food and nutrition, health and hygiene, conflict resolution, job interviewing, money management and self-advocacy.
Our professionally certified teachers provide study for the high school GED exam, academic or job training workshops and access to substance abuse counseling.
• Sheltered 48 homeless adults
• Granted $42,000 in immediate financial aid to prevent homelessness
• Provided 627 direct assists by providing housing, counseling, and financial literacy instruction
• Provided adult education to 30 students
• Processed 156 Food Stamp Applications
• Placed 83 adults in jobs and worked with 56 “Friendly Employers”
• Transported 75 persons to services, jobs and interviews
• Maintained and managed 63 units of affordable housing
For more about our services, contact:
41 Mahaiwe St
Great Barrington, MA 01230
Hours: Weekdays, 8 am – 4pm